" 1 of 110 children are being DX with Autism in the USA "

" 1 of 110 children are being DX with Autism in the USA "

Thursday, April 10, 2008

MY SON DAVID


Here is where I will write about my boy David . He is sooo cute , Watch out ladies here he comes . David was born 12/16/2003 he is now 4 years old .





David was 2 here and none verbal
he is trying to figure out how he is
going to sit on that tiny chair LOL!!!




lots of things have happened since that day when he was trying to sit on that little chair . A diagnosis of AUTISM was given to us on the day of my birthday march 15, 2006 . A sad moment in my life but definetly not the worse day .I remember crying because my son was none verbal at the time and he was not fuctioning properly and would constantly cry for no apparent reason , would grab his ears and ofcourse I would run to the ER where they would tell me there was nothing wrong with him . Cometo figure out there was something wrong with him , But it is never at our time but it is at the Lords time when he Decides is time to take charge .



Ecclesiastes 3:1

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven"



It was on that day of march ,2006 that the Lord gave me a new job . Literally on that day I entered my job of 13 years as a shipping manager earning close to 60,000 a year to leave and never look back . I remember looking upto the heavens and crying on the street waiting for the bus alone and saying to myself , Lord here it is my cup has broken Lord , I will pick up anopther and please help me to fill it . I don't know how I'm going to handle the economic situation but you are here with me and I trust you will care for my family .



I also remember calling from that same bus stop the woman I have trusted with almost most of my secrets . My suegra ( mother inlaw) and she cried with me and said you go in there and leave that job and care for my Boy . So I did as she told me and as I felt needed to be done .I called her back after that meeting . I had my last check on my hands and I told her . I feel so happy I'm free to focus on my son , She was happy as well . I then called my mother and she agreed with my suegra (mother in law) My mother a Christian for over 20 years said to me . Hey don't worry we are Christian serve the Lord and he will always provide . Trust in Him talk to Him he will lIsten . So far it has been very true .

AUTISM is such a complicated word to say sometimes but the meaning is simple , It means "SELF" yes like myself. Why , Because it is all about them and noone else LOL!!!! just a little joke . But it is true . David was afraid of many things as a small baby from paintings on walls to animals and to cartoon characters .I was excited to have taken him to ride horses recently . My friend Olga took us .





My boy has been in the care of many great teachers and Doctors .
tarting from:

The great Doctor JESUS CHRIST

exodus 15:26

He said, "If you listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the Lord, who heals you."

**Dr. James Saunders in Lynwood Pediatrician
3737 Martin L King Jr Blvd


**Dr. Feldman Stramski Children's Developmental Ctr Developmental - Behavioral
2880 Atlantic Avenue,

#255 Stramski Develop. CenterLong Beach,

Phone: 562-424-4815 Fax: 562-424-4688

**Dr Steinmetz Gastrointerology/Nutrition

1760 termino Ave Millers Children Hospital

Long Beach

562-933-6900

**CHLA (Childrens Hospital) Speech therapy

**CHLA ( Childrens Hospital) Occupational Therapy

Dr. Rochelle Neally, D.C.

3645 E 4th Street,

Suite B Long Beach, CA 90814562-987-5507

http://www.drneally.com/

This is just the icing on the cake for the needs of my son . I'm just getting started . Many people look at my son specially those who aren't around him . Specially family members who aren't close to us and say , Well there isn't anything wrong with him . He looks like a normal boy . I always like to say many things to that comment but I do not . All I know is that I'm glad people see him as a normal boy . We have worked very hard for him to look as whatever the society calls "normal".

I have learned to move on from comments and stares . Because people don't understand our everyday struggle in this cruel world . My hope is that all people who come in contact with us will find out more about Love care and Faith .

Gloria Rodriguez


No comments: